4 Strategies to Boost Revenue from Your Salon
Work smarter, not harder. When running a beauty salon there's only so many clients you can book in a day. That doesn't mean your revenue has to plateau based on that number. There are ways to make more money and secure revenue for the future. Bellow are four ideas.
Ways to increase your revenue
To generate some ideas, let's divide the ways you can boost your business into several categories:
- Making more money per visit: if you can increase the average spend per visit, you make more money per hour — without doing substantially more work.
- Increase the frequency of visits: many beauty treatments aren’t just a one-time thing.
- Get more customers: this is all about marketing and word-of-mouth.
- Make more money per square foot: is there unused space in your salon? From the counter to an entire room, see how you can leverage every square foot.
Instead of focusing on all the above at once, see what strategy best fits your current situation and work within that framework to grow your business.
1. Sell accessories and extra products
Do you provide after-care products? With after-care products the margins are usually quite high. If you have the space, display the products your clients love. With this strategy you not only make more money per visit but also per square foot.
Do you get many comments about that shampoo that smells great? Let them know they can take that smell home during a head massage – it’ll be too hard to resist. Another great idea is to sell your own gift vouchers. These can be used for either products you supply or services you provide.
2. Add a sunbed to your salon
If you have space, consider buying or renting a sunbed for your salon. They are a great way to increase your income with minimal effort. Most clients, especially returning, require little assistance. We wrote a blog earlier about how a sunbed benefits your business, let’s sum it up again:
- Sunbeds are popular all year round: an unexpected benefit of living in a rainy country
- Sunbed users will come frequently: there’s no point in going just once
- Sunbed users can be tempted to use your other services: or telling others about it
- You can sell additional products, like tanning lotions: see point 1!
If you're curious to find out just how profitable a sunbed really is and how long it would take you to earn your initial investment back, just try out our ROI Calculator!
3. Start a loyalty program
People love discounts and being rewarded. A subscription for your services, a points or loyalty program is a great way to get people to come back and keep spending. You could offer them discounts, or a free treatment after nine paid ones.
4. Start a referral program
Not just looking to make more money from existing customers but want to attract new ones? A referral program is a great way to achieve this. All you have to do is offer customers a discount when they introduce a new client.